tiistai 17. huhtikuuta 2012

Life begins end of your comfort zone!


Mark Twain once wrote: Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. 
                                                                          It is better to travel well than to arrive.


And that's what I did. I went to bigger and longest hills I've ever skated and I loved it! If you have ever fell in love at first sight you know that feeling I got there. I fell in love with longboarding again and again after every run. There was a smile on my face that nothing could take away. It was in Liberic and we planned to camp in the bottom of the hill and skate it more in the morning. Go with the flow and you might end up with more than you ever wanted.

Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.  Ashley Smith.
From Kozakov we were driving to Prague when we saw this amazing castle and climbed up to see it. 
                                                           Photo by Julia Jansson

Prague was beautiful. I changed my ride to Rayne's car and  were travelling now with Aussies and Julia. We stopped by this supercute bakery near the German border and almost eat that whole bakery empty. After that we ended up to the hill where IGSA organised World Championship race in 2010.
This was the biggest hill I ever skated and yeah the last one for the summer 2011. We camped in the bottom of this hill too close to  a cold stream.  I had amazing time there as always with friends and I was longboarding better than ever!!! Too bad that all good things must comes to an end.
I got one helicopter ride, amazing medicin and a whole new adventure in Straubing hospital. Sometimes life stops you physically so you can move forward emotionally. Life gives you as much as you can handle.  I broke my foot but I got a lot more back. Started this association to promote longboarding in Finland especially among girls but also in general. I met new people on my trip who really left their mark in my heart. I have learned more about me and my friends that I could write a book about it. 


Anyway this incident taught me to be more aware of my own limits, not to skate when I'm tired, to wear all your safety gear every time you skate and to be precautious what comes to accidents. And when you do all this you still can end up in situations like this, its just life. 


What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Now I'm back on my longboard and trying to overcome my fears.


Skate safe!
/Kaisa

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti